Northern Territory Skilled Occupation Priority List
The NT Government has developed the Northern Territory Skilled Occupation Priority List (NTSOPL) in response to stakeholder requests for more information about occupations in demand in the Northern Territory.
The NTSOPL can also be used as a tool to help businesses provide evidence of skill shortages when nominating skilled migrants through the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) (Subclass 187) visa.
This list informs the Migration NT unit on what occupations may be considered for sponsorship and included on the NT Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA). If your business has a position it has been unable to fill, to get that occupation on the list, you will need to inform either:
- your industry association
- relevant Training Advisory Council, or
- contact Rob Floreani at the Department of Trade, Business and Innovation on (08) 8999 7758.
It is important to ensure your hard to fill occupations are included in NTSOPL if you want to pursue overseas migration options to fill jobs. View the latest list at NT Skilled Occupation Priority List.
The NT Skilled Occupation Priority List does not apply to General Skilled Migration (GSM).
Northern Territory Migration Occupation List
The NT Migration Occupation List highlights skilled occupations available for NT nomination under General Skilled Migration for overseas citizens. The NT Government, at its discretion, may nominate an applicant with an occupation on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL) but not on the NT Migration Occupation List if the applicant can:
- demonstrate very strong employability prospects
- demonstrate that the occupation is in shortage in the Northern Territory.
The current NT Migration Occupation List is relevant for applicants for:
DIBP Skilled Occupations List
The current Skilled Occupations List (SOL) is relevant for applicants of:
- independent points-based skilled migration who are not nominated by a State or Territory government agency (GSM)
- Family Sponsored Points Tested visa
- Temporary Graduate visa (Subclass 485) - Graduate Work Stream.
DIBP Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List
The current Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL) is relevant for applicants of:
- State or Territory government points-based visas (Subclass 489 and Subclass 190)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) (Subclass 186)
- Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (Subclass 457)
- Training and Research visa (Subclass 402).