The Australian Government has announced that it will abolish the Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa and implement significant immediate changes to the skilled occupation lists which may impact some occupations for General Skilled Migration. This website has not yet been updated to reflect these changes.
For further information on changes go the Department of Immigration and Border Security website.
The Australian Government's Visa Finder can help you find the right visa.
Some visa options are explained here:
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa
- Northern Territory Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) (Subclass 187) visa
- Training and Research (Subclass 402) visa - Occupational Trainee stream
- Labour Agreements
- Enterprise Migration Agreements
- Special Program visa (Subclass 416) for the Seasonal Worker Program.
Find out about the Employer nominated visas
General Skilled Migration
- Skilled - Independent (Permanent) (Subclass 189) visa.
Find out about the General Skilled Migration visas
Northern Territory nomination
- Skilled Regional Nominated (Provisional) (Subclass 489) visa
- Skilled Nominated (Subclass 190) visa
Find out about the Northern Territory nomination visas
Migration for business people, investors and self-funded retirees
- Business Talent (Subclass 132) visa
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) (Subclass 188) visa
- Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) (Subclass 888) visa
- Investor Retirement (Subclass 405) visa
Find out about the Migration for business people, investors and self-funded retirees