We know finding work can be hard and sometimes you don’t know where to start. There are many avenues to find work in the Northern Territory. Below are links to job search sites.
Tips for finding a job
To find the right job, contacting recruitment agencies and websites advertising jobs are the best places to start. The following information should be useful in this process:
- the directory of directory of recruitment agencies in the Northern Territory
- the Northern Territory Government Employment Opportunities
- become familiar with the Australian employment guidelines for people interested in coming to Australia’s Northern Territory from overseas.ecome familiar with the Australian employment guidelines for people interested in coming to Australia’s Northern Territory from overseas.
If seeking employment in Australia’s Northern Territory, then you should also register on the Territory Worker Database.
Australian Core Skills Framework
The Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) provides a rich, detailed picture of real life performance in adult learning, and English. It draws on current theory and is informed by the extensive expertise of specialist practitioners in these fields.
The ACSF provides:
- a consistent national approach to the identification of the core skills requirements in diverse personal, community, work and training contexts
- a common reference point for describing and discussing performance in the five core skill areas.
For more information go to the Australian Core Skills Framework.
Fair Work Commission
The Fair Work Commission is the national workplace relations tribunal. It is an independent body with power to carry out a range of functions relating to:
- the safety net of minimum wages and employment conditions
- enterprise bargaining
- industrial action
- dispute resolution
- termination of employment
- monitoring of Subclass 457 visa holder’s employment terms and conditions.
For more information go to the Fair Work Commission.