Employment Connections is a web link for Northern Territory employment and training service providers designed to assist disadvantaged Territorians.
It provides information on, pathways and contact details for many of the diverse employment service providers and organisations available in the Northern Territory. Job seekers, service providers, funding organisations and other agencies can access information about:
- employment services in the Northern Territory for job seekers
- services locations and how to access them
- employment and training programs
- employment support services for disadvantaged Northern Territorians.
For information about employment and training go to the Northern Territory Government website.
The Migrants Employee Handbook provides useful information on a range of topics to assist migrants to be informed of the various aspects of employment in the Northern Territory, as well as how to access the relevant services.
- Job search support - support services that can help you find a job.
- Intensive support - case management, mentoring and one-on-one support from employment services.
- Employment preparation - Career advice and programs to assist you to prepare for employment.
- Training and development - find ways to improve your skills and increase your employment options.
- Small business development - incentive schemes that help unemployed people establish and run viable small businesses.
- Bridging courses - to help you gain qualifications or undertake study / training.
- Employer / employee incentives - incentive payments to help you employ or train people from disadvantaged groups and help you undertake training.
- Employment advice - employment options for target groups and the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees.